The chilly temperatures in winter usually manifest as high heating bills. Are there ways to keep your home warm without raising your energy cost so much? Yes! Premium Air Services LLC has some ideas for you to help keep your home comfortable and your heating bills lower.
Use these tips to help improve your energy efficiency and help reduce your heating bills this winter:
- Make the most of sunny days in Tomball to help heat your home naturally. Pull back the curtains and open the blinds to let the sun give your furnace a little [[help|boost|break]14.
- Keep the cold air from sneaking in. Seal your windows and doors with caulk or weather stripping.
- The more you can control the temperature in your home, the more you can take control of your energy usage. A programmable thermostat will get the job done and enhance your home’s energy efficiency.
- Clogged, dirty furnace filters make your furnace work overtime and reduce your energy efficiency. Clean or replace them every three months.
- Do a quick inspection of your home. Are any vents or cold air returns obstructed? Make sure they’re clear for better airflow and efficiency.
- If your furnace is more than 15 years old, start researching a new energy-efficient model. This could save you the cost of emergency repairs and will help you save on your energy bills for years to come.
- We all know that heat rises. Don’t let your heat rise so far and leak out through the attic. Keep your attic well insulated to keep warm air where you need it.
- It’s a little-known fact, but heat can escape through your roof. Inspect it for loose or missing shingles and holes or areas that need to be sealed.
It may seem like managing your home’s energy efficiency is difficult, but with these tips, it should be a little easier. If you’re looking for more ways to boost your home’s energy efficiency, give us a call at 713-364-9957. We’ll help you keep your home comfortable year-round, even in the harshest Tomball weather.