Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Tomball during the colder seasons, when they’re necessary to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Premium Air Services LLC will constantly be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is necessary and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to see if it switches on.
- If everything looks correct, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Premium Air Services LLC at 713-364-9957 and we’ll return your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.