Living in comfort in the summer can be taken for granted, particularly until you feel a taste of anxiety with an air conditioner failure. It can hit at the worst moments; you’re eating lunch and abruptly realize how warm your kitchen feels or you can’t fall asleep at night because you are so hot bound in your covers. Think you’re feeling this discomfort? It might be an occasion for an air conditioner replacement.
More often than not, it isn’t the thermostat’s error; the settings can be running correctly, but it still states that the temperature is above 80 degrees. It’s often times caused by an old or faulty air conditioner that requires a call to the experts to find out what’s wrong. There are many causes for why air conditioners fail, especially considering the weather in Tomball. Here are a couple of things that you can examine for before you call Premium Air Services LLC if you think your air conditioner has broken down:
- Broken outdoor fan motor: There is a fan motor on your exterior air conditioning system that helps flow the heat from your home to the outdoors. If you examine your system and see that the fan isn’t running, it means that the heat relocation isn’t occurring, causing the warm air to hang around in your home. This failure can also cause overheating of the compressor and other likely internal damage to your system.
- Dirty filters: It’s one of the most likely problems that Premium Air Services LLC sees. These filthy filters in your air conditioner reduce appropriate airflow, affecting the air quality in your home, which is really tricky when allergy season comes around. Dirty air filters can also decrease the efficiency in your home and boost your monthly energy costs.
- Blocked air flow: Always check for an obstacle or obstruction in your return-air or supply-air grille. This can initiate your air conditioner to waste efficiency and reduce speed.
TIP: Make sure the grilles aren’t concealed by furniture or other home items, also.
- Outside obstructions: Good air flow could be also slowed down from outside obstructions near your system, such as shrubbery, trees, lawn chairs, etc. When the air flow is deterred, it can affect it’s cooling capacities. Make sure that your system is unrestricted by obstacles and is cleaned regularly to reduce the likelihood of air conditioner replacement.
Once you’ve worked through these four system checks and your air conditioner still isn’t working, here are a list of questions and tests that you should inspect and answer to get your system up and functioning again. (Only go to the next question if the system doesn’t switch on after doing the step before it):
- Is your thermostat temperature programmed below the indoor temperature?
- Is your system switch in the COOL spot?
- Is the outdoor unit power supply switch ON?
- Is the furnace/air handler power supply ON?
- Is your house fuse box/breaker box ok or has it blown a fuse or tripped a circuit breaker?
- If none of these things fix your system operation, call Premium Air Services LLC at 713-364-9957.
Don’t let an air conditioner breakdown or replacement keep you awake at night. If you follow these steps and keep your system under regular maintenance, you should have you air conditioner operating again in no time. Our team at Premium Air Services LLC in Tomball is always here to help – give us a call at 713-364-9957.