You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep snug no matter the weather. While it might not be the initial thing that comes to your mind, getting an annual furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is an excellent time to get that scheduled. The pros at Premium Air Services LLC have compiled a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we mentioned before, furnace service can help save you in more ways than one. It can help you find small problems before they become large problems, and it can help make sure your system is operating at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Switching the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees can make a major difference on your energy bill. It doesn’t take long for those savings to really add up. If you’re having problems getting accustomed to the new temperature, try adjusting it slowly, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will easily adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most simple and most beneficial things a homeowner can do. A clogged filter will keep air from passing through effortlessly, which will cause your system to work harder, which increases your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors could be the reason you’re losing both heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are fantastic ways to battle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Premium Air Services LLC technician is over for your regular furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can assist you in deciding if it is time to check into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without affecting your comfort.
It’s always the right time to start saving money. Of course there are more ways to save money, but hopefully this will be the jumpstart you need. If you need to schedule your annual furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 713-364-9957.