Summer is here! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To enahance your comfort and actually relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Tomball is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Premium Air Services LLC constantly recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning over the summer.
- First, another opportunity to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter consistently! Replace the filter per the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold weather. Running your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can ultimately damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s functionality. mow the grass, clean out any debris and eliminate overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you run it this summer. be mindful to check the area at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These easy steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If it’s time to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Premium Air Services LLC in Tomball at 713-364-9957 today.