Having regular air conditioning service completed at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at top efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Tomball summer, have the experts at Premium Air Services LLC conduct your annual air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be done during a usual air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Inspect for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, test for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, recover any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, instead of illicitly discharging it to the air.
- Look for correct airflow through the system.
- Check the correct electric control sequence to make sure of adequate sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Check the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters routinely is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help ensure your air conditioner continues to operate at a high level of efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should check it regularly. We suggest looking at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Premium Air Services LLC today at 713-364-9957.