According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts should be cleaned at least once every three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the length of time you’ve had your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence how long your ducts can go without cleaning. How can you know if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some indications that you should keep an eye on.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are completely opened, do any have weaker airflow than others?
2. Can you hear noise other than your blower motor when you focus on the airflow?
3. Is there an obstruction in your cold air return vent?
4. When you peek inside with a flashlight, is there a buildup of debris or pet fur?
5. Have pests or rodents created a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns covered with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers blowing out dust?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it’s likely time to reach out to Premium Air Services LLC in Tomball about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are actions you can take to keep your ducts cleaner and extend the time between professional appointments.
Most importantly, schedule periodic HVAC maintenance with the pros at Premium Air Services LLC. Annual checkup of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system working at peak performance. Inspecting your system on a regular basis and replacing the air filter when necessary will also help keep your ducts clear.
Other ways you can help manage your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let dust in from spaces such as your attic.
• Check your air filters regularly and switch them out when needed.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your house.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in bad or wet condition.
Keeping your ducts clean will help you make sure the air in your Tomball home is clean. Be sure to use these preventative measures and schedule a professional duct cleaning regularly. Call the experts at Premium Air Services LLC at 713-364-9957 or make an appointment online.