Spring is in the air here in Tomball and that means vacation plans are around the corner. While you’re planning what you need to pack and take with you, don’t forget what stays behind, your home. The Premium Air Services LLC team has some helpful advice that will work to keep your home protected and help save some money on your utility bills while you revel in a well-deserved vacation.
- Install Timers - Timers are a low cost way to make your home appear as though you are home by turning off and on the lights as if you never left. It’s a smart idea to program your lights to coincide with your typical schedule.
- Enlist the help of a house-sitter - If you have a reliable friend or family member, ask them if they’d mind stopping by and [[checking in on|check up on|look over]18 the house while you’re away. There’s no greater peace of mind than a text while you’re away letting you know that everything at home is as it should be.
- Wait to share - We aren’t going to tell you not to share photos of your awesome vacation on social media, but try to wait until after you are back to post photos of your trip. Family and friends presumably already know you’re leaving so no sense letting potential criminals know your intentions. Everyone will be just as enchanted by the amazing things you saw after you safely return home.
- Hold the Mail - The USPS has made it more effortless than ever to put a hold on your mail you can do it online right now.
- Unplugged - If an electrical device is plugged in, even if it’s not on, it’s using energy. An easy way to conserve energy while you’re away is to unplug a few of your electronics. Something that you may overlook unplugging is your garage door. It will cut back on energy and it will also be another safeguard for your home.
- Adjust the thermostat - If you’re out of town there’s no sense keeping your home heated and cooled to your comfort level. If you have a digital thermostat you can set the thermostat back to your ideal level so you arrive back to a safe, cozy home.
These are some easy tips to add to your spring break prep agenda, right after finding the perfect bathing suit. If you have any questions about securing your home this season or want to review additional energy saving tips, give Premium Air Services LLC in Tomball a call at 713-364-9957.