Summer weather in Tomball can be a bear. But you don’t have to choose between being comfortably cool and saving money on your utility expenses. We’ve put together some tips to make it easy.
The top thing you can do to stay comfortable and maintain energy efficiency is by maintaining your air conditioner. ENERGY STAR® suggests keeping your system working dependably and efficiently, and Premium Air Services LLC is able to make that simple. During an AC tune-up appointment, we’ll complete the following tasks noted by ENERGY STAR and more:
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors to ensure safe operation of your system and the opportunity of a longer lifespan for major components.
- Clean the air conditioner’s evaporator and condenser coils as need be. Dirty coils require your system to run longer to do its job.
- Check system controls to make sure of correct and safe operation.
- Look at refrigerant levels.
- Clean and adjust blower components to assure accurate system airflow.
Another critical piece to staying cool is routinely checking your air conditioner’s air filter. A dirty filter could raise energy costs and damage your equipment, which could lead to premature failure. Our Premium Air Services LLC professionals will inspect these for you at your tune-up appointment, but you’ll want to check the manufacturer’s recommendations to make your own schedule to swap them out.
Here are a few other tips to keep your home cool and energy-efficient:
- Inspect thermostat settings to ensure your air conditioner keeps you comfy when you are home and saves energy while you are gone.
- If it’s cool at night, you can turn off your air conditioner and open your windows. Let nature cool your home for you! In the morning, shut your windows and window coverings to trap the cool air and block the sun’s heat.
- Use fans to your advantage. An ENERGY-STAR ceiling fan will allow you to set your thermostat a tad higher than you regularly would without feeling any changes in your comfort level.
- Another kind of fan people seem to forget about when they’re working to keep cool is their bathroom ventilation fan. Make certain to run yours when you shower as well as 20 minutes or longer after you’re done to take care of the heat and humidity from your house.
- Avoid leaving lights on and running many appliances on the hottest days. Obviously, your stovetop and oven put heat into your home, but even everyday activities like watching TV, working on the computer, and drying or curling your hair can boost the heat in your home.
If you’d like more ideas on how to keep your home cool and energy efficient this summer, give Premium Air Services LLC at call at 713-364-9957 or request an appointment with us online.