Whether you like winter or favor the warmer months in Tomball, a lot of us make adjustments to be sure our home’s temperature keeps us content. This can have a large impact on your energy bills, but there are steps you can take to help lower those costs.
- Assess the weather stripping – Over time, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to pinpoint any drafts that should be addressed.
- Take advantage of your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be valuable in keeping your home warm. Keep them open while the sun is still shining throughout the day, and make sure to close them at nighttime, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter regularly to see if it needs to be replaced. We suggest at least once every three months, but that period of time can vary from house to house.
- Buy a programmable thermostat – They may seem like just a simple way to make sure your home keeps warm, but programmable thermostats can also help you reduce energy costs! You can fix temperatures to be lower when you are away from the home or sleeping. It’s just one way to be more efficient and help with energy costs.
- Add insulation to your attic – Check to see if you have an adequate amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a great tool to decrease the chances of heat escaping.
- Call for routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system will benefit from having a professional look at it, too. Hiring professionals to clean and maintain your system will give you piece of mind that your system is running effectively and efficiently. They can also detect small issues that could end up as more costly repairs if ignored.
- Assess your HVAC system – If you notice your energy bills are continually increasing—regardless your efforts to enhance efficiency—it might be time to look for a replacement heating system. An expert at Premium Air Services LLC can help you examine the performance of your HVAC system and walk through your options for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps lower the amount of money you are having to spend on heating bills, but many of them can help your heating system work more efficiently. More efficient energy use also supports the health of your equipment, which means your heating system will have a longer life.
If you would like routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide additional information on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Premium Air Services LLC in Tomball a call to start down the right path. Give us a shout at 713-364-9957 or book an appointment with us online.